Monday, March 1, 2010

Quality Time

daddy daughter date night

M's Sunday school class held a Daddy Daughter date night. The dads were encouraged to take their daughters out on a date and then gather at the church around 7. They didn't tell them in advance that they'd be dancing! They had a great time.

daddy daughter dance

Meanwhile, my little C and I stayed home and made caramel corn using this recipe. In the middle of the mess she said, "Who would think that you could have so much fun with just a kitchen and some food?!"

just me and c

After the mess in the kitchen was cleaned up, she requested to watch The Princess Bride, skipping over the "scary" part in the fire swamp.

I'm savoring this stage in her life. She's still little in so many ways and I love being reminded of it. I'm enjoying M's stage as well, as difficult as it is to come to grips with her changing into a young lady.

In the above picture of her with John, you can see a picture of her behind them of M when she was 4. I didn't notice that until I was uploading the picture a bit ago.

They grow too fast, but every moment and every age is filled to the brim with so much goodness and joy. No wonder it's goes by so quickly.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiates 3:11